Industrologic, Inc. 3201 Highgate St. Charles, MO 63301 USA
(636) 723-4000 (800) 435-1975 www.industrologic.com
Industrologic, Inc., announces the release of version 3 software for their PDAS-3 data logger.
Beginning with version 3, the PDAS-3 data logger includes many new features:
- The sample rate can be configured to change a specified time after recording begins.
This allows specific events to be sampled at a high sample rate initially, after which
the sample rate can be reduced to save memory space and downloading time.
- The alternate serial port baud rate can be set from the standard 19200 to 57600 baud
to allow downloading at nearly three times the speed whenever computer serial port
hardware performance permits.
- The PDAS-3 firmware includes an enhanced binary download with error detection and
re-transmission of data with errors, allowing more reliable downloading when connected
to computers with marginal serial port hardware performance.
- An additional operating mode is available that allows the analog input signals to be
recorded without the digital Event signal if it is not used. This allows the recorded
analog values to be stored more compactly and results in approximately 30 percent more
memory being available for storage.
- The operation of the pushbutton switch can be configured by the user as a Start button,
a Stop button, both a Start and Stop button, or disabled completely.
- he recording time limit that allows the user to terminate recording after a specified
number of seconds has been increased from 99 seconds to 255 seconds.
- The delay time before recording that allows the user to start recording after a
specified number of seconds has been increased from 99 seconds to 255 seconds.
The Windows based communication program that allows the user to configure the PDAS-3
and to download and display data has been upgraded to version 3 as well, and includes
an additional enhanced binary download function as well as the ability to select any
of the baud rates used by PDAS units with any version firmware.
This program is backward compatible with all previous versions of the PDAS-3 firmware
so that only this one version of the program is required for use with any PDAS-3 data
logger. The program is available for download on Industrologic's web site at the
PDAS-3 Software page.